NOTICE! IMPORTANT CHANGES to the Tree Branch Pick-Up Program for Unincorporated Residents!
Our Branch Pick-Up Program began in the early 1980’s and has long been a favorite service for our residents in the unincorporated areas. Unfortunately, due to some abuse of the program in recent years, before the 2021 season we found it necessary to restructure the original program rules. The program rules were introduced last year and we will continue to enforce these rules in order to continue to provide this service in an efficient and affordable manner.
As spring yard work begins, please take the time to review the new program criteria. If the requirements outlined below are not followed you will receive a RESTACK NOTICE and your branches will be picked up on the next collection day, if stacked appropriately. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but these requirements are imperative to the program running smoothly, efficiently, and in a cost-effective manner. Your cooperation helps to ensure the continuation of this program.
Service Area: Residential homes in the unincorporated areas of Troy Township.
Collection Days: Branch pick-up is the first and third Monday of every month beginning with the first Monday in April, April 4, 2022 and ending on the 3rd Monday in October, October 21, 2022. If Monday is a holiday, collection will be on Tuesday of that week.
Absolutely No Pickup for:
- Grass clippings, leaves, root balls, stones, mulch, or any other yard waste.
- Tree removal and landscaping removal from private property will not be picked up. Branch pick-up is intended for branches removed during routine trimming or due to storm damage. Entire trees or landscape removal that has been taken down/removed by a resident or private contractor will NOT be picked up. This includes any debris from the removal of shrubs, branches, stumps, root balls, and logs.
- POISON IVY – ABSOLUTELY NO PICKUP for poison ivy. DO NOT mix poison ivy in with your branches.
Branch Pickup Requirements:
Keep branches as long as possible but they must be no larger than six (6) inches in diameter.
- Branches should be stacked in a neat manner with the “cut end” towards the roadside edge on the ground. Crews WILL NOT go on private property to pick-up or move debris.
- All branches should be facing in the same direction.
- Branches can be stacked in 3-foot-high by 3-foot-wide piles. Crews will accept up to 4 piles per household per collection day. Excessive trimming/pruning will not be picked up.
- Thorny branches must be tied and stacked SEPERATELY from other branches. Please put these branches to the side of all other.
- Branches must be placed out by 7:00 a.m. on collection day. We will not double back for residents that do not have branches out by 7:00 a.m.
- Do NOT put the branches into bags or any containers. They must be on the ground.
- Branches must be clear of all debris (i.e., no grass clippings, leaves, root balls, stones, mulch)
NO CALL IN REQUIRED!!!